Thursday, February 5, 2015

Breakfast in America


bonjour!
the lighting was so 
beautiful last night as the 
sun went down..


the gold dome of Les Invalides
reflects the sun light perfectly.


this one was taken early one 
morning.
we had a dusting of snow and the 
kids asked if school was canceled.
:)


wednesdays are half days 
for griffin.
however, 
every first wednesday of 
the month..
there is no school!




yesterday we had a date with 
our friends Oona and her mom Anna.
Oona and Griff are good friends..
and we love spending time with them.


we started our day
over in the 5th 
near the Pantheon at 
Breakfast in America.
yummy, greasy diner food.
blt's
hamburgers
pancakes and bacon
and Obama milkshakes
(chocolate and peanut butter).

i don't usually crave American food
but when i do..
this is the place to go.
i even had real mayo on my blt.




from BIA
we walked to Shakespeare & Company.
although it was a bright sunny day..
it was bitter cold.




we let the kids run around in
this little garden next to the Seine
and Notre Dame.
i still pinch myself that i live here.



time to get out of the cold
and into the bookstore!




we love sitting here!
visiting this bookstore is a must
if you're in Paris.


we brought home a few books.
i fell in love with this sweet book
about Paris by
Gloria Fowler and 
beautifully illustrated by
Min Heo.




i just love that they
stamp your books.


we also picked up this 
book set by 
Julia Donaldson and 
Axel Scheffler.
we've been a fan of 
The Gruffalo for a while.
we've brought it home from the library
and have watched the sweet little movie
on netflix.
we were happy to find The Gruffalo's Child too!


we are looking forward to the weekend!
steve is flying home tomorrow 
after a long week in LA.
today i'm off to have lunch with 
some friends and 
start my french class!!

a bientot!!




11 comments:

  1. I would love to hear more about your French class. For some reason I just assumed you were fluent :-) I have tried taking French twice at our local College but it was so dry and boring and clinical and text--booky I could hardly stand it. But I still want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have recently started working with a French tutor. I am NOT fluent!! :) Now that Griffin is in school I have time during the day..I'm working with her once a week. She's great! I love that we don't just sit in a classroom like setting...we recently met in a cafe for our class and will meet go to the market together for our next meeting! It's VERY hard. I''m old and my brain isn't working as fast at retaining information!! :)
      xo
      pd

      Delete
  2. Pam, thank you so very much for sharing you life in Paris with us. I know I rarely comment any longer but I think of you all often. (i know, we've never even meet in real life but still.... i think it is because you understand military life.) I am so you had a lovely day with friends! Enjoy your french class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much peggy...I never reply to comments! It doesn't mean I don't love reading them...so thank you for your sweet comment.
      xo
      pd

      Delete
  3. Just wondering if your kids are almost fluent now in french....was it easier for the younger kids than the older? Also do you feel like the grade levels match up from the states? Thanks so much and love your blog!!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Thank you for your comment...the older kids are pretty fluent. They were taking French in school before we even thought about moving here...living here most definitely helps! Will is not fluent but getting there and Griffin, I am sure, will be the most fluent of all of us! His little 5 year old brain is soaking it all up!
      Thank you Andrea for you comment.. :)
      xo
      pd

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin..I sent you a reply via email..not sure if you received it. Wanted to say thanks so much for your comment! So nice to hear from you..please give my best to your wife. It was fun seeing everyone at the reunion.
      Thanks again..
      pd

      Delete
  5. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the name and location of this cute little bookshop? I am visiting paris with my kids and wanted to stop in.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete