Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day at Giverny


Yesterday for Father's day 
we drove outside the city
to the beautiful home and 
garden of Claude Monet.


It would have been a perfect day
had Hannah been with us.
Today is her last final
at school and she insisted on 
staying home to study.



It was a lovely day to walk through
Monet's gardens...








..and see the famous water lilies!







I loved touring the home he shared
with his second wife Alice and their
8 children!



The famous yellow dining room!



We walked around the grounds and found a little
place to eat.





Giverny is such a charming 
little town..
stone houses
covered in climbing ivy...




and wild flowers everywhere.





Happy Father's day 
Steve!
Your family loves you!
















4 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to spend Father's Day. I'm sorry your daughter couldn't be there. Pam, these photos bring back such happy memories. I spent 10 days in Giverny several years ago on a painting excursion. We had the great fortune to be able to paint in Monet's garden on days and evenings when it was closed to the public. To be almost alone with Monet's flowers (and I suspect his ghost) was something I will never forget. I loved the village, the light, the birdsong. Those were happy, precious days. Thanks for bringing me back! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giverny is SO gorgeous and so are your photos! What a fabulous way to celebrate Father's Day! Have a lovely week, Pam! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Giverny when we visited France!! It is so stunning! My favorite part was standing in Monet's studio (11th picture) and thinking that Monet painted right there!!!! So sorry that Hannah wasn't able to go...it will give you a great excuse to go back with her! hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete